♥TAG♥


Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happie Father's DAY

It's Father's Day today... but we have celebrated with Dad yest.. It was jus a simple dinner.. Then we to the hill near Bird Park, to admire the stars, breeze and lights (at jurong island)..
It was a long awaited dinner with everyone.. cos normally we dun eat together.. prob my dad, bro and mum do eat together.. cos they worked together.. but i'm oways eating alone, or not exactly alone. i ate dinner with my TV.. haha.. dinner infront of the TV.. but being able to eat together is really rare.. and most of time where we eat together is on some special occasion ofrhols whereby they knock off earlier.. there's the prob of growing up.. i guess now it's oso quite difficult for children to have their with their parents where they are busy working.. some even worse, they don live with their parents.. so crazy.. has the world changed?
Technology has closed up the gap between countries or economy.. but have you thought about IT has widen the gap between humans esp your relatives? Time spent with families were lesser? the only time I see my relatives is at Chinese New Year. Or never..
Technology has increase the efficiency for work.. BUT why are we still working longer hours?
It's so ironical.. where the main obj is to improve our life but it ends up creating another prob or worsen the situation?
Sorry for side tracking.. not sure why I'm always eating dinner alone. Maybe we have all grown up and we are busy with work.. Or on the whole, the whole has changed? our mode or behaviour has changed due to external factors?
Back to Father's Day.. Really want to take the opportunity to thank my Dad.. cos i dun speak those mushy stuff to my dad.. nvr has done it.. But I think being a Dad is really quite diff.. he usually seems quite distant from us.. being the sole breadwinner, he has to work practically everyday except sunday (when we were young). Now, it's even worse, he works every day.. NO OFF, No annual leave.. imagine that?!?!? And it's like this for more than 10 years... Now Bro is oso like tt..
But i really appreciate it.. Only like these few years, my bro and I toked to my Dad.. like why he wont feel tired when he doesnt got the time to rest, then no leave.. blah blah. then the pay is quite low considering he works such long hrs and everyday... (we asked him this question when we were younger. his answer was, 如果我不做,谁来做?) However, the answer he gave was different.. maybe he thinks that we have grown up and will be able to understd him better..
Cos my dad is helping my uncle to run his biz, and the biz is not bad.. but my uncle is underpaying my dad.. kind of.. i feel.. but the main reason for my dad to continue to help was because they were very poor when they were young.. not enough food and stuff.. and now my uncle has his biz, it's not easy to get it.. so have to do all to keep it.. so that everyone benefits from the biz..
This little biz grew and grew.. Now my bro oso benefits from it.. Very soon I will be in too.. So it's like, my father's pessistence was to help us to cave our future... So that we have opportunities.. open up our choices.. Though we do have helped to contribute, so that ppl can give us the chance.. nothing is for free and drop from the sky..
Now, my dad and I have a same dream.. to aim to have a bigger house.. be it an investment or his dream.. you know why my bro is not in the plan? cos he says he's going to buy on his own.. side by side.. ya.. maybe he can??
Pt is: Dad are like silent warriors who fought hard for war and yet not want to be named..
*RESPECT*

No comments: