♥TAG♥


Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 3 in Bali - Diving

Day 3 in Bali

It's our second day of diving in Bali. We will be going to Sanur Dive site for our second day of dive. It will be a boat dive.. I thought it will be better than the first day.. .. but there's something else which bothers me.. sea sickness.. the sea was super choppy... I thought i had it under controlled..

Our dive instructors: L-R: Jimie, Wadu and Heatler

First Dive: Manta Point - The place to see Manta Rays
A fruitful dive.. Cos Manta Rays were sighted, White Tips shark and Black Tips shark... Super cool.. The White tip was resting on the sea bed.. Then it awokened from it's sleep, then it started to swim around us.

We swam to the huge boulders in search on the Manta Rays.. There was 1 swimming towards it.. =) They were super graceful.. 1 flip of their fins, they can move soooo far.. I feel so handicap in water and I sawm slower than the small fishes.. =(

After I'm on the boat, I was feeling quesy.. Then I drank some water.. Then before I could control, I merlioned.. =( I fed my breakfast to the fishes..

Video tt I koped from You tube on Manta Rays- This breed of Manta is different from the one I saw. The front part of the Manta is diff...


Second dive: Manta Point again as some of them didnt get to see Manta Rays
We saw Manta Ray again. This time round we saw a super huge one and it was swimming towards and above us!!!!  I even saw the underside of the Manta Ray.. Cool to the Max!!

Manta Rays reminded me of the sea creature I have seen in a super old move. I think it's called One way ticket. Someone had dropped a deadly bomb in the sea and they had to deactivate it. However, the bomb is very deep and he had enough air for one trip. So he thougth he would die. When he thought he is going to die, there's this sea creature which looks like manta which rescued him and brought him to his "home". In there, there's space which it can seperate the water so that he can breathe. Then this whole thing raise and floated onto the surface of the sea and he's rescued.. Not sure if anybody have seen this movie.. haha

We also saw Nudy Branch and Puffer Fish which is as big as 1m... Really looked like a box..

Third Dive: Drift dive at Doya Pakeh
Drift dive is quite challenging.. Cos sometimes need to swim again the current and to catch up with the dive instructor.
The main highlight was the huge patch of corals on the sea bed which looks like a field of lavenders. Amongst the corals, fat and cute star fishes were spotted. =)

The unexpected guest we spotted was mola mola aka sun fish. They looked super weird. To me, it looks like a giant pomfret without tail. I koped a video from youtube for ur easy visualisation. You dont underestimate it's small fins, they can also swim very fast with a single flap of their tiny fins. It was also very cold at the area where it was spotted. When the instructor first pointed us to it, I thought it was a mini whale staying vertically in water. Then I cleared my mask for a better look, i thought it was manta swimming vertically. But it started to swim and I saw it's whole body, then I realised that it was mola mola which I have researched before my trip.. what a surprising moment. Cos this creature looks really huge.. abt 2m in width..


With this, it ended the GREAT 2nd day of diving.. =)


Stay tuned for the next 3 days of adventure in Bali. =)

No comments: